Sharp is a free Thesis Skin that you can use to instantly customize your Thesis WordPress Theme powered site. All of the Thesis Sharp customizations are contained inside of the custom folder so no core Thesis files need to be touched.
December 14th Update: The skin has been updated to include the new color schemes and to fix some navigation menu display issues that occurred when the latest version of Thesis (version 1.6) was released. Go ahead and grab the updated skin files using the download button below and as always, any comments or questions are welcome!
- A widgetized header area for social networking icons, banners, or anything else you want to stick in there and also a widgetized footer area. You can access both of these areas and add or remove content directly from the widget panel inside wordpress.
- Fading page and sidebar backgrounds and several additional content area css classes to really make your images and links stand out.
- 8 Different Color Schemes in addition to the default gray you see here on the demo page. Additional colors are aqua, blue, purple, green, red, brown, orange, and pink. Instructions on how to change the color schemes is included in the custom.css file and involves copying and pasting a couple lines of code. You can see screenshots of the different color schemes here.
Download the skin files which contain the two custom files (custom.css and custom_functions.php) and all background images. Backup your current custom files if you’ve got any customizations you want to save and then upload all files to your custom folder.
You need to make two small changes in your Thesis Options panel for the skin to display properly. In the Design Options panel, select Full-width framework and change the Outer Page Padding to 0 (zero). Save your changes using the Big Ass Save Button and refresh your site.
Check out the following video for a walk-though on how to set up this skin. For best viewing, try the HD and Full-screen options.
Customization Tips and Skin Updates
The skin is still a work in progress. I’ll be posting frequent updates to the skin as I make improvements and add new features so make sure you subscribe to the newsletter (see sidebar) or follow me on twitter to get notified when updates are posted.
I’ll also be adding some customization tutorials and videos to show you how to use the skin to its fullest, so again make sure you subscribe or follow me to get updated on the latest Thesis Sharp news.
Feedback, Support, and Spreading the Word
If you like this free Thesis Skin, I’d love to hear about it. Just drop a comment here or Connect with Me on Twitter and let me know what you think. I love meeting new people, so please do leave a comment or get in touch! If you need help with anything Thesis Sharp related, let me know and I’ll be glad to help.
And if you would like to see more free Thesis Skins, please take a minute and help me spread the word and as long as there is an interest, I’ll keep the free skins coming. Here’s how you can help.
1 Minute is all it takes
- ReTweet this post on twitter using the button at the top of this post or Retweet the video from the Screenr Page
- Use the ShareThis button at the bottom of this post to submit it to your favorite Social Networking site.
If you Really like Thesis Sharp consider
- Writing a short Thesis Sharp review post on your blog with a link back to this site
- Hiring Me to customize your Thesis Site
Running Thesis Sharp on your Site?
If you’re running this skin on your site, I’d love to know about it and take a peek. Just leave a comment with your address here so we all can admire